If Barry Bonds Cheated, Then He Is A True American!
Sometimes when you step away from posting, like anything else (fitness training), it is hard - very hard - to get back to it. Well, posting is different, because it should not require much effort depending the nature of your blog etc.
I thought that I would start posting again, but as usual, things come up and before too long weeks go by without posting.
I am always finding humor in Americans, especially the blatant double-standard attitude we have towards things. Now most white Americans - and they won't admit to it - simply have a "problem" with minorities "coming to our country...and taking everything over..." It does not matter that minorities are fueling the economy, and they are usually on the receiving end of a poor business deal.
The one double-standard that is near-humorous to me is the complaints that there would be no controversy, no problem with Barry Bonds breaking Hank Aaron's home run record, if he did not use steroids, although he was never convicted of any performance enhancing drugs.
I thought that I would start posting again, but as usual, things come up and before too long weeks go by without posting.
I am always finding humor in Americans, especially the blatant double-standard attitude we have towards things. Now most white Americans - and they won't admit to it - simply have a "problem" with minorities "coming to our country...and taking everything over..." It does not matter that minorities are fueling the economy, and they are usually on the receiving end of a poor business deal.
The one double-standard that is near-humorous to me is the complaints that there would be no controversy, no problem with Barry Bonds breaking Hank Aaron's home run record, if he did not use steroids, although he was never convicted of any performance enhancing drugs.
I read the book, Game Of Shadows, and came away from it with the conclusion that Mr. Bonds is an intelligent, arrogant, insecure person. I think that there is more than enough evidence to support the claim that he used steroids.
Personally, I think he used performance enchancing drugs.
But what I find interesting is that many Americans - mostly white - will go through their days, their lives cheating and committing some of the most unethical acts in their place of work and in public, and simply do not see those acts as wrong. Many non-minorities are destined to get career enhancements which allow them to skate up the corporate ladder, cheating and getting rid of their "competitors" in whatever way necessary. And yet, these are the same degenerates who have this problem with Barry Bonds.
If we say that the standard is no cheating, and that Bonds should not get the title or that there should be this asterisk next to his name, then would the same principle apply to you?
I suspect that there is more underneath this frustration many non-minorities are having, because he succeeded with cheating and his success has become a public event; and, moreover, he succeeded in a sport, where people of his color were denied access for years.
Americans cheat all day and every day.
Barry Bonds is American, and found a way to cheat. He probably would have had the same success - maybe - without performance enhancing drugs, but the point is that Americans who have a problem with Bonds' success in this context, ought to re-evaluate their morals and ethics.
If you say that he does not deserve to win the home run title, because "he cheated", then ask yourself this question: if everything you did unethically was layed out before the public, and any successes you achieved as a result of your acts, were still enjoyed, would you be willing to make full restitution?
I doubt it.
Personally, I think he used performance enchancing drugs.
But what I find interesting is that many Americans - mostly white - will go through their days, their lives cheating and committing some of the most unethical acts in their place of work and in public, and simply do not see those acts as wrong. Many non-minorities are destined to get career enhancements which allow them to skate up the corporate ladder, cheating and getting rid of their "competitors" in whatever way necessary. And yet, these are the same degenerates who have this problem with Barry Bonds.
If we say that the standard is no cheating, and that Bonds should not get the title or that there should be this asterisk next to his name, then would the same principle apply to you?
I suspect that there is more underneath this frustration many non-minorities are having, because he succeeded with cheating and his success has become a public event; and, moreover, he succeeded in a sport, where people of his color were denied access for years.
Americans cheat all day and every day.
Barry Bonds is American, and found a way to cheat. He probably would have had the same success - maybe - without performance enhancing drugs, but the point is that Americans who have a problem with Bonds' success in this context, ought to re-evaluate their morals and ethics.
If you say that he does not deserve to win the home run title, because "he cheated", then ask yourself this question: if everything you did unethically was layed out before the public, and any successes you achieved as a result of your acts, were still enjoyed, would you be willing to make full restitution?
I doubt it.

<< Home