Sunday, November 26, 2006

Finding Closure & My "New Field Of Study"

Finally.

My wife and I are finally pulling ourselves together. Our vet returned the other day with our cat, Bianca's, ashes and with that, we were able to find some closure. She is gone now and we will really miss her.

The finality of this alone is mindboggling.

I have not posted in quite sometime. And it seems that whenever I get preoccupied with something, it takes me away from posting. And yet, posting is very good for me. (most bloggers would agree that blogging is a unique outlet for them)

Losing a family member - relative or pet - can be a very heartwrenching situation. I am not going to belabor the matter, but I will say that in the midst of all the pain what can make matters worse is being acquainted with individuals who either do not own pets or people who clearly are so desensitized from the needs of others that they will not acknowledge your loss. I have an opinon about them.

My wife and I have encountered a lot of these people. We have concluded that they have not realistically tasted the bitterness of loss. So, when they do, then and only then, will they understand pain and suffering.

I have taken up a new field of study: psychology. I started this endeavor on Thanksgiving Day! With so many people over for dinner, many of whom I haven't seen in quite some time, this somehow gave me the opportunity to really evaluate behavior. It was not by design, mind you. It was like, all of a sudden, I started noticing certain things about my family that really, really interested me.

For now, I can only say that I now know why therapists and other people in the social science profession sit and stare at patients; because they are studying them, and probably are amazed at the abnormal behavior too!

So, with my new field of study, I will periodically report on what I am finding which probably won't be very good.