Friday, November 03, 2006

Star Stuff....


I am glad the weekend is here. Well, most people are, I imagine.

I found the timing of the news about this power evangelical pastor, Ted Haggard, a bit questionable, considering that the Religious Right is annoyed at the GOP for not delivering on their promises etc. In any event, when I first read about these allegations, I was reminded of a previous post where I commented on the tendency of certain males to harbor these homosexual (hidden) desires.

Reminds me a bit of the former congressman Foley, who was part of a congressional committee to help protect children, while at the same time, this pervert was hitting on 16 year old pages. With Haggard, I guess he thought he would be able to hide behind this cloak of conservatism, while hiring a male prostitute.

Sick.

I made a questionable decision to stay up late a couple times this week to watch some science programs. One was a re-broadcast of the late Dr. Carl Sagan, who talked about the planet Mars and the scientific searches for possible microbial life on that planet. Sagan was fascinated and driven by the prospects of having intelligent "neighbors". I have his book, Cosmos, and would recommend this to anyone who wishes to understand planetary science. The section that explains the birth and death of stars is absolutely phenomenal.

Personally, I found it quite interesting to learn that astroids hitting the earth or comets passing through the night are simply distant travelers, all carrying elements of our origin.