Needing A Vacation From The Drama
(laughing) You know, I really want to post about positive things that are happening, but they are so rare (Foley, Amish, Iraq..) that it just so darn hard to find anything.
I am happy that the wife and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary this week. She survived! Last year at this time, we were landing in Miami and on our way to South Beach!
Everyone told us that South Beach wasn't "really the place for couples" although we would fit in with the trendy crowd etc., but what I found in October was a very nicely unpopulated and clean beach and for a time, save a few moments, a nice Ocean Drive. We didn't see J-Lo or P Diddy, which is nice, since their absence made us the celebs for a week!!
We won't make it back this year because of the new position for me, but I am trying to squeeze a Thanksgiving jaunt to Ocean Drive (wink-wink!). If not, I'll have my DVD collection of Miami Vice to rely on.
Or maybe I'll hijack a plane or something and then, when they arrest me, just say I was abused by the clergy. Isn't it funny now that Mark Foley is caught, he comes up with this lame excuse? You'd think his lawyers could be a little more creative, don't you? Now we hear that House Speaker Hastert's office was informed about Foley's shannigans 3 years ago. I am inclined to believe that Foley may have been under the Speaker's desk a few times too - and I don't mean looking for paper clips either!
These boys sure must have Jefferson and Adams rolling in their graves. But then again, the founding fathers of this country were genuises, great men and not perverted cowards.
I am happy that the wife and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary this week. She survived! Last year at this time, we were landing in Miami and on our way to South Beach!
Everyone told us that South Beach wasn't "really the place for couples" although we would fit in with the trendy crowd etc., but what I found in October was a very nicely unpopulated and clean beach and for a time, save a few moments, a nice Ocean Drive. We didn't see J-Lo or P Diddy, which is nice, since their absence made us the celebs for a week!!
We won't make it back this year because of the new position for me, but I am trying to squeeze a Thanksgiving jaunt to Ocean Drive (wink-wink!). If not, I'll have my DVD collection of Miami Vice to rely on.
Or maybe I'll hijack a plane or something and then, when they arrest me, just say I was abused by the clergy. Isn't it funny now that Mark Foley is caught, he comes up with this lame excuse? You'd think his lawyers could be a little more creative, don't you? Now we hear that House Speaker Hastert's office was informed about Foley's shannigans 3 years ago. I am inclined to believe that Foley may have been under the Speaker's desk a few times too - and I don't mean looking for paper clips either!
These boys sure must have Jefferson and Adams rolling in their graves. But then again, the founding fathers of this country were genuises, great men and not perverted cowards.

<< Home