Sunday, October 15, 2006

Morning Blend Without The Wife & Cat


A friend of mine will not be happy to know (smile) that I went out for sushi last night and it was delish.....

Got up early this morning, made a pot of coffee, thinking that the wife would get up, but at 10am, she is still in bed. What's up with that? Now when I checked on her again, I see that the cat, Bianca, has joined her. The picture is of Bianca when she is doing what she does best; sleep! The thing about Bianca is that when she is up, she expects - demands - that you get up and prepare your lap for her, otherwise she will just sit in front of you and stare. Probably was a poker player in a previous life. We have had her for 6 years. She has renal failure and one bad eye. My wife has at least 6 nicknames for her. One of them is "Brownie". You can see why....

So, I'll enjoy my morning blend alone.

Looks like I lost weight over the summer. Pulled out some winter clothes and a few of them seem bigger than ever!!! Actually, I prefer them that way, rather than to have them sticking to me. Dress is casual at work, but I will have to check to see if mock turtlenecks are "permitted".

Looks like a Pa Congressman, Curt Weldon is under investigation (well, it is reported that he may very well be under investigation) for steering contracts to his daughter. If this is true, and if the investigation concludes that this guy is guilty, then his career as a Republican Congressman is done. And guess what? The GOP will have another problem on their hands.

I find it very funny that the men and women who are suppose to write and pass laws are always the ones who are breaking them. And how about the guy - the Congressman from Lousiana, William Jefferson - who had to explain why he had $100 bills stuffed in his freezer. He denied bribery charges of course. I imagine his grandson asking, "grandpa, what's this for...?"

I now realize that politics is really not about true politics. On the contrary, modern politics is simply trying to get your opponent exposed, while making sure you're not caught with the intern, the 16 year old page or with $100 bills stuffed in your freezer. That's all. That's what politics is about nowadays. And I think that is why North Korea is having fun selling nuclear intelligence to other countries. America has no moral authority. We simply have no right to criticize other nations about immoral international behavior, when domestically, we are heathens.

Time for more coffee.