Sunday, August 20, 2006

Missing My Sushi

We made a commitment not to have sushi for at least two weeks - a sushi "detox" I guess - just so that we can miss the stuff for once! But I can't, and I as post, I am thinking what I might have for lunch tomorrow.

My wife introduced me to sushi several months ago. I can only tell you that, for the first time, I have found a food that I truly enjoy that also has health benefits.

I tried a little trick on the way home from the market today with, "oh, when was the last time we went out for sushi?", knowing full well it has been less than a week - completely in violation of our two week policy. "Oh gee Derrick, we had sushi last Tuesday and besides, I'm cooking tonight..it's Sunday!" "Oh, yeah, that's right..how could I forget", I replied.

If you're adventurous and haven't tried sushi, then go for it, but be careful, because it can become very addictive very quickly. Even if you have to make adjustments because of gas prices Mr./Mrs. Consumer, you'll find a way to pay for sushi!