The Reality of Blogging & World Talk
Recently I was asked why I "was so obsessed with posting everyday" and then I wondered if that person (smile) - she knows who she is - read my profile and fully understood why I set up this blog and fully understood why people blog.
The beauty of posting is that you have an outlet, you have a vehicle to comment on things without getting feedback - although I don't mind it - from people who have no idea of your mindset. Have you ever wanted to vent, without an opinion from somebody who felt that they had an answer when there was no question? I would argue, from reading several blogs that many bloggers are uninterested in receiving comments from people who have no clue about their lives. To be sure, there are some bloggers who welcome comments (and I welcome feedback periodically from family and friends which I get when we meet and talk).
So when I am reading someone else's post for the day, I try to get an idea of what that person is going through or what their mindset is. I am not trying to find a hole in their position! I am not trying to find something to argue about, because it is THEIR OPINION. I am not looking to disagree or looking for an fight, I am looking to understand what people are thinking about, their psychology, their sociology etc.
My wife and I talked more about Iraq and North Korea. She brought up the problems in Africa. I told her that I felt that Bono and Angelina Jolie or whatever her name is should go to Camden, New Jersey or North Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and help the less fortunate first before helping those in Africa. But then I guess there would be no Nobel Peace Prize for those endeavors.
Somehow, Angelina holding a crack baby from Camden just doesn't seem as heroic as adopting a baby from Africa. And by the way, do you have any idea where African trained doctors and nurses go once they finish all of their training? Well, they certainly don't stay in Africa! Then, the "Global Community" funnels billions of dollars and resources back to Africa to fight poverty etc. because they have no resources (doctors, nurses and other professionals etc.)
We think - this was my wife's idea - that if there were more oil opportunities in Africa for America, more wealth for America, then our resources would be there. "No resources, no war", she said. I tend to agree.
Later I had a conversation with a businessman who happens to be from South Korea. I told him that I felt that 9/11 thrusted our country into the global community. He said to me that - and I agreed - America's one-sided policy in the Middle East may have triggered 9/11. I have an idea what he was alluding to.
I still believe that North Korea doesn't care about us and that we should mind our f**kg business. At this stage of the game, there isn't too much we can do about them. The fact that they are testing "rockets" to borrow the President's phrase, suggests that they do not care about the U.S., Japan or anyone.
Overall, today turned out to be pretty decent. We went out for sushi and will attend a small birthday party for a college buddy's daughter in New Jersey tomorrow. My wife will go to a Bar Mitzvah for an old friend's son and I will sleep in! Later, we're off to New Jersey!
The beauty of posting is that you have an outlet, you have a vehicle to comment on things without getting feedback - although I don't mind it - from people who have no idea of your mindset. Have you ever wanted to vent, without an opinion from somebody who felt that they had an answer when there was no question? I would argue, from reading several blogs that many bloggers are uninterested in receiving comments from people who have no clue about their lives. To be sure, there are some bloggers who welcome comments (and I welcome feedback periodically from family and friends which I get when we meet and talk).
So when I am reading someone else's post for the day, I try to get an idea of what that person is going through or what their mindset is. I am not trying to find a hole in their position! I am not trying to find something to argue about, because it is THEIR OPINION. I am not looking to disagree or looking for an fight, I am looking to understand what people are thinking about, their psychology, their sociology etc.
My wife and I talked more about Iraq and North Korea. She brought up the problems in Africa. I told her that I felt that Bono and Angelina Jolie or whatever her name is should go to Camden, New Jersey or North Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and help the less fortunate first before helping those in Africa. But then I guess there would be no Nobel Peace Prize for those endeavors.
Somehow, Angelina holding a crack baby from Camden just doesn't seem as heroic as adopting a baby from Africa. And by the way, do you have any idea where African trained doctors and nurses go once they finish all of their training? Well, they certainly don't stay in Africa! Then, the "Global Community" funnels billions of dollars and resources back to Africa to fight poverty etc. because they have no resources (doctors, nurses and other professionals etc.)
We think - this was my wife's idea - that if there were more oil opportunities in Africa for America, more wealth for America, then our resources would be there. "No resources, no war", she said. I tend to agree.
Later I had a conversation with a businessman who happens to be from South Korea. I told him that I felt that 9/11 thrusted our country into the global community. He said to me that - and I agreed - America's one-sided policy in the Middle East may have triggered 9/11. I have an idea what he was alluding to.
I still believe that North Korea doesn't care about us and that we should mind our f**kg business. At this stage of the game, there isn't too much we can do about them. The fact that they are testing "rockets" to borrow the President's phrase, suggests that they do not care about the U.S., Japan or anyone.
Overall, today turned out to be pretty decent. We went out for sushi and will attend a small birthday party for a college buddy's daughter in New Jersey tomorrow. My wife will go to a Bar Mitzvah for an old friend's son and I will sleep in! Later, we're off to New Jersey!

<< Home